For all aspirants who have filled up the form of NDA, must know NDA 2018 is scheduled to be conducted on Sunday, 9 September. Like every time, a bulky crowd of students have filled up the form and they will appear in the exam to chase their dream academies. For those who are fresher in this field and recently passed their Higher education in this year will try their best to crack the exam in their first attempt, but there are some basic tricks that definitely would help students to crack the NDA 2018. Firstly explaining the pattern of the exam in a short way, here is a table of the exam.
Exam Pattern: The exam consists of 2 papers - Mathematics and General Ability. The actual plan of exam is:-
|1||Mathematics||2 hours 30 Minutes||100||300|
|2||General Ability + English||2 hours 30 Minutes||150||600|
NDA exam is different from the all other competitive exams that candidates give after completion of 12th. So for NDA the candidates need to do some extra efforts for clearing it. Below are some tricks to garb the exam.
English and General Ability as a common part - Paper 2 of the NDA exam consist of GK and English. Now that's a plus point as the candidates get more chances to score in the section in which they have a good skills. Those who have good knowledge of G.S. can do well in that part, while those who are good in English can choose it to score good.
- Mathematics practice - Mathematics is all about practice. The candidates must practice as much as they can. The questions in NDA exam are framed from the syllabus of 11th and 12th mathematics. So don't leave any stone unturned.
- Time Management - The time management in the mathematics paper is the most important thing to do. Keep an eye on time while attempting mathematics paper. As the time given for G.A. paper is sufficient. This can be approached by high practicing and doing prior preparation.
- Stream subjects are important - The stream that the students have opted in their 12th class can be used to score more. Like physics and chemistry for science students, biology for medical students and so on. The questions in G.A. paper are assembled from almost all subjects' form all stream of the 12thclass. So prepare your best subjects.
- Negative marking - The UPSC exams have a negative marking of 1/3 which makes it a judgemental thing to score. Try to avoid those questions that are out of your knowledge. Just be specific to those which are under the level of your knowledge to reduce the fluctuation of your score because Negative marking can impact your score.
- Score well in easy parts - There are certain parts in both the papers that are easy to cover. Like passages in English, some directly answered questions from General knowledge. Try to score more in those parts.
- Solve previous papers - The previous year papers of NDA can help the new aspirants in getting the idea of the types of question.
- Current affairs/ Update yourself - The current affairs are the simplest thing to cover. But need serious efforts to prepare and attempt. The candidates have to prepare the C.A. of last 4-5 months with a deep knowledge of all major points.