About CDS Entrance Exam
CDS Stands for Combined Defence services examination which is conducted twice in an year by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) of India. This special entrance exam is used for the recruitment of indian Military Academy, Officers Training Academy, Indian Naval Academy and Indian Air Force Academy. This entrance exam is released during the month of October and June.
Candidates qualifying the written test are interviewed by the Service Selection Board and if finally selected, depending upon the choice given by the candidates and their merit list ranking, are sent to one of the following institutes for orientation training :
(a) Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun
(b) Naval Academy, Goa
(c) Air Force Academy, Begumpet, Hyderabad
(d) Officers Training Academy (OTA), Chennai
Those joining the first three institutes get permanent commission, however cadets passing out of OTA get short service commission. Applicants are required to mention their preferences while filling up the application forms.
Educational Qualifications For CDS Entrance Test
- For IMA /OTA : A degree from a recognized University or equivalent is must .
- For Naval Academy : Candidate must have B.Sc. with Physics and/or Mathematics or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For Air Force Academy : The applicant should posses B.Sc. of a recognized University or equivalent with Physics and/or Mathematics as subjects or Bachelor of Engineering.
- For IMA : For Unmarried male candidates the age between 19-24 years on 1st January or 1st July are eligible .
- For Naval Academy : Unmarried male candidates between 19-22 years on 1st January or 1st July of the year succeeding; the year of examination.
- For Air Force Academy : Male candidates should between 19-23 years and born betwwen 1st January or 1st July are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy : Male candidates (married or unmarried) between 19-25 years born on 1st January or 1st July of the year are eligible to take part in the entrance examination.
(English) 120 questions total marks 100 (For All) 2 hours paper
- Ordering of Words
- Spotting Errors
(G.K) 120 questions total marks 100 ( For All) 2 hours paper
- Current Affairs
(Maths) 100 questions total marks 100 (For IMA/N.A./AFA) 2 hours paper
CDS FOR WOMEN
Since women candidates are eligible for OTA only, they should give OTA as their first and only preference For Officers, Training Academy (SSC Women NonTechnical Course) Unmarried Women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible .How to Apply Candidates are required to apply online only, by using the website www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
WHY CHOOSE US
- Quality and experience of faculty members
- Small batches sizes (maximum 35)
- Quality of study materials
- Coaching with paper point of view
- Students providing study material for Board Exam / Entrance exam free of cost
- Full-time teacher faculty availability
- Only institute providing Integrated courses
- Individual mentoring